05 June 2020, 11am
Among the reasons cited is the cancellation of other races around the same time:
- problems recruiting medical staff due to coronavirus.
- the difficulty of maintaining social distancing by runners during the race.
- the possibility of a 2nd and 3rd wave spreading infection due to overcrowding during the race.
- a sharp decrease in the number of entries from overseas.
- the decrease in the number of volunteers due to coronavirus.
- as most of the road races scheduled in November in Japan have been cancelled it would be difficult to hold only the Kobe Marathon.